Wednesday 2 March 2011

Untitled- #01

I remember that time long gone by,
those days of bike rides and cotton candy,
that game of tag in the rains and staining shirts with paint,
of returning home to the warmth of incense sticks.
Those days that were filled with a sense of belonging,
of protection and comfort, innocence and wonder,
my life filled with her unconditional love,
difficult to find elsewhere.
When deepest fears and sorrows could be shared,
she was the only one who could wipe away my tears,
her silent touch on my forehead,
her mere presence that could put my doubts to rest.
Her hand that could stop our incessant sibling fights,and her voice that gave sound advice on innumerable days,
the familiar sight of vermilion in the parting of her hair,
the end of her starched sari clasped in my hand at night.
She is my dearest and most beloved friend,
the only one to whom I could lose all my pretense,
Now one in Spirit and Thought, her silent Voice journeys on with me,
reminding me that the end need not be the end, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment