Thursday 22 July 2010

Zapped!

So here I am sitting and typing away another post for my blog, which has no followers(Whee!). I'm supposed to be working on my thesis and doing productive stuff that grad students are expected to do. But then I've never been a good student. Superficialities aside, it is the truth. I may pretend to be a sincere, devoted workaholic. All I am in reality is someone who craves to do nothing but sit and stare at the ceiling. I know it is the hardest thing to do but it is easier than putting your brain to work on something that you don't care much about any more.
When I get into a mind freeze(which happens ONLY when I'm working), I let it wander everywhere. What a paradox. Isn't it weird how you think about everything under the sun and still feel like you aren't thinking about anything! I fantasize about writing poetry again, being in absolute solitude, listening to soul lifting music, sometimes a world tour too! And dreaming about things does make me happy. It is probably a small consolation for the emptiness that surrounds me now. It's always great to think, "Well, someday I could be the one skydiving just like HE is now." You get the idea.
When you are alone and you have nothing to do, you also tend to bring out the worse attributes inside you. And then,people see a whole new you. Suddenly, things that seemed like the end of the world dissolve into nothingness. You hear people complaining about say, pathetic morning coffee, or cheating boyfriends, or an overcrowded bus. And it goes six feet over your head. Suddenly, it doesn't matter at all. All the blemishes of reality seem inconsequential. You are so lost in this Utopia you have constructed in your head that everything that is apparently negative is not worth a second thought. You keep telling yourself that all that is real is not going to last. What happens today, is gone with today. Tomorrow, you may be too ill to drink coffee. Your boyfriend might leave you for good. Anything could happen.
Well, I guess I've deviated from my point. come to think of it, I never had a point to begin with. This was another session of mind freeze and my mind went all the way round the Milky Way. Now I'm brought back to reality and all these simulation designs stare back at me. And I realize I've work to get back to. It was nice talking to you all. Wait, there is no one! Anywho, see you around.

4 comments:

  1. This one's a total ranting , but I can totally relate to it :) And I foresee sky-diving soon ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I would have to learn to battle my fears soon then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post! and true too! how can you work on something you've stopped caring about anymore?
    good random ramble! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks :) I don't know what made me go on and on like that though! Must have been a particularly hard day! :)

    ReplyDelete